Our new nursery is located within Whitefield School and we are just a few minutes’ walk from Brent Cross Shopping Centre and Brent Cross underground station.
We are very fortunate to have a large outdoor space, with different marked areas to include a climbing frame, toy houses for imaginary play, a separate area for trikes, bikes and wheelie toys, mud kitchen and a digging & growing area for the young horticulturists. This outdoor classroom helps to stimulate curiosity in the children and help them develop in all the 7 areas of learning.
All our members of staff are suitably qualified to ensure that your child has the best opportunity to develop in a safe, secure and inspiring environment.
ALL staff members are DBS checked and hold a valid Safeguarding, First Aid and Food & Hygiene certificates
Food & Nutrition
Parents are requested to provide healthy packed lunches for their child.
Fruits / vegetables and snacks are provided along with milk and water at the ‘open snack bar’ for the children twice a day.
A Healthy Lunch Box
A healthy child is a happy child. When preparing a healthy lunch box, try to include a portion of:
- Starchy food – e.g. white or wholegrain bread, cooked pasta or rice
- Protein – e.g. sliced chicken/ egg sandwich or meat alternatives such as tofu or pulses
- At least one portion of fruit and/or vegetable – e.g. carrots, cucumbers, apples, melons etc
- Milk or dairy foods – e.g. yoghurt, cheese in sandwiches
- Prepare the lunch in bite size pieces
Lunch boxes should not include crisps, sweets, chocolates or fizzy drinks.